Can Anyone Learn How To Sing?
Can I learn how to sing. Yes anyone can learn how to sing. Most people are under the false belief that singers are born with the ability to sing. You either have it or you don’t. Nothing could be further from the truth. With the proper singing instructions anyone can learn how to sing.
There are a few people who through trial and error happen to stumble upon the proper singing techniques. These people are referred to as natural born singers, but in reality they learned how to sing using the same techniques that can be taught to anyone.
- Open your mouth wider. Nine times out of ten this will help you achieve a stronger, more defined vocal tone.
- Prepare your instrument before singing. Singers are very much like athletes. Take care of your body/instrument by stretching out the vocal muscles and relieving the body of unnecessary tension before singing.
- Quit smoking. Quit talking too loudly. Quit talking too much.
- Raise the Soft Palate. Creating a larger space inside your mouth by raising the soft palate, or fleshy part of the back of our throat, helps achieve a deeper more well rounded singing tone.
- Sing through the vocal breaks. If you do not teach the muscles the necessary actions to sing through the trouble spots, success will never be achieved. Sing through it, sing through it again, and again …
- Tone Placement. Learning the facts about tone placement and resonance make a huge difference in the abilities of a singer. In simple terms, a singer has numerous body cavities (nasal cavity, chest cavity, etc.) and amplifiers (bones, ligaments, etc.) that act as resonators. Focusing the vocal tone through the proper resonating chamber with the proper support is important with regard to controlling and developing your personal sound.