What Can You Learn From Online Lessons for the Guitar?
So you have been thinking about learning to play the guitar?
Maybe you use to play and want to now get your guitar out from under the bed and become the next guitar hero? Whatever the case things have certainly changed a lot since I first learned and took lessons over 25 years ago.
Let’s face facts here; no “system” however groundbreaking is going to work for everybody. I found that attempting to learn as a beginner strictly from a book can lead to frustration.
In fact, the frustration can sometimes get to the point that you will simply drop out before you actually get started; which isn’t good. That will not get you any further along to becoming that impressive guitarist you’ve always dreamed of.
Today we’ll take a look at what online guitar lessons have to offer you. As a musician who has both taken and taught guitar lessons, I’ll attempt to break down some of differences and advantages for you.
On the surface you may think that learning to play guitar from online lessons would seem less popular or second rate compared to learning from the traditional, real live teacher. However, with the technology available today and the overall difference of costs involved, online guitar lessons are arguably the most effective teaching method available.
Today the average private lesson costs about $30 per half hour or $60 for a full hour. You’ll also need to factor in the time it takes to hop in your car and drive to wherever he or she may be and if the lessons are offered during a time that’s convenient for you. In short, realize that today you have other options.
Here is a brief overview at what is offered from online lessons and what you’ll get:
• Learn how to quickly build finger strength and agility. There are special techniques that will eliminate sore and clumsy fingers so you can play smooth, flowing guitar.
• A comprehensive library of the most commonly used chord progressions. Designed to get you playing soon and enjoy jamming along with your favorite music.
• Learning to read guitar “TAB.” Knowing Tab is the fastest way to start reading and writing guitar music. With this you can play ANY of the hundreds of thousands of songs for guitar on the web.
• Learn how to master impressive skills such as picking, strumming styles and tricked out scales. Hammer-ons, pull offs, vibrato, palm muting and much more.
• You’ll get Step-by-Step lessons on how to perform tricky guitar skills. Year’s worth of experience and hard-won information in a simple and easy to follow format.
• Discover insider secrets of how to ensure your strum sounds like a polished professional.
• Even the truth about how to get a guitar at below dealer cost and to decide if you should learn to play on an acoustic or electric guitar. Tips on what to look for when you choose to buy a used guitar.
• In many courses, you have lifetime access to online updates and a free email consultation line.
• Professionally recorded “jam along tracks” which you can play to and get the feeling of how you would sound playing with a real band.
Online guitar lessons are catching on in a big way, which is not surprising considering some of their major advantages. These courses start around $20.00 for a single DVD to several hundred dollars for the more advanced learning systems.
Most are fully backed with a money back guarantee so what do you have to lose? Regardless of your current skill level there is an online lessons course that will work for you.
Are you ready to get started and playing like the guitarist you’ve always dreamed of?